| was created in 1949 by the main fruit juice producers' organisations of the European countries.
After more than 50 years of existence, IFU has now a worldwide membership with members from 5 continents. 23 different countries are represented in IFU such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, the EU countries, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, USA, etc.
The IFU Secretariat is located in Paris, France.
- To represent the worldwide fruit juice interests as a NGO beside the governmental and intergovernmental organisations
- To act as an information and communication centre/facilitator
- To harmonise standards and practices for juice products and producers
- To co-ordinate scientific activities to benefit the fruit juice industry.
In order to reach its objectives, the IFU endeavours more particularly:
- To represent the world-wide fruit juice industry beside the International organisations, i.e. Codex Alimentarius, FAO, WTO, ...
- To establish closer contact and collaboration between the national juice associations and between the juice producers of the various countries.
To encourage contacts between members and develop exchanges of information, in particular concerning :
Harmonisation of fruit juice regulations
Knowledge of the technology and composition of juices, new developments of juice production
Development and recommendations of best practices to the fruit juice industry
New developments, harmonisation and standardisation of analytical methods
Any current subject related to the development of juice manufacture and consumption (quality assurance, packaging, international marketing, etc.)
- To organise international congresses, symposia, workshops and other activities
- To approach influential national and international institutions in order to obtain their co-operation in realising the aims of the IFU
- To establish a forum/venue for trade matters discussions/progress